How would you like to work in IT & Communication, toying with cutting edge technologies and enjoying your life? Come closer to #LifeAtOrange.
We’ll recruit you from the safety of your home and we’ll prepare you for our activity, which is currently running in hybrid mode.
IT Digital Platforms team is looking for a new colleague to develop software for www.orange.ro online shop. You will be part of the EShop squad, working with Scrum framework with the goal of delivering a new kind of online shop for Orange customers. Your team is part of Orange Romania’s IT development division which counts more than 100 software development professionals.
We do both mobile and web development and we toy around with the coolest frameworks, languages and concepts such as Spring Boot, Reactive Streams, Bootstrap, Angular 10+, OAuth2/OpenId, Docker/Kubernetes, Apache Kafka, Redis, responsive design, automated testing (Selenium, JMeter). Our tools of choice are IntelliJ, Teamcity, ArgoCD, Artifactory, Slack, JIRA and Confluence but you are free to use whatever IDE you are most productive in.
We think of our projects with a platform first approach and we design and build our software from ground up ourselves. Our team is involved in building MyOrange, online eshop, Yoxo, Orange API platforms (micro-payments for Google, Microsoft and Samsung app stores, SMS, invoice payments, prepay recharge APIs for partners), backends for mobile applications, tvgo movie portal and all the new platforms meant to keep the customers informed and engaged with Orange. We fully embraced the concepts of microservices architecture and we always automate every step from build to deployment in live. We keep a close eye on the performance of the applications and monitor everything that counts.
The colleagues with whom you will interact are architects, business analysts, project managers, quality assurance engineers, other software developers like you, Ops teams and product owners.
Your work will impact the digital experience of over 10 million people who are Orange customers.
What we’re looking for
- Experience in Software Engineering (Java preferably)
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
In other words:
- Java development skills: coding, testing and debugging new complex software solutions and enhancements to existing software
- HTML5/CSS3, JSON and familiarity with browsers intricacies
- High-performance Java for developing applications with Spring Boot, Spring container, Spring MVC, Hibernate
- Experience in building high-quality software design
- Previous experience in developing complex software by producing clean, efficient code
- Good communication skills (we enjoy chatting face-to-face and over Slack 😀 )
As an advantage:
- Mastering Domain Driven Design modelling techniques
- REST API design and integration techniques
- High performance queuing and asynchronous messaging concepts preferably applied experience using Kafka
- Previous practice with continuous integration systems (Teamcity/Jenkins)
What you’ll be doing
- build and develop code in a team of mixed skills professionals (frontend, backend, analysts, QA, UX)
- work closely with product owners to deliver features from product backlog
- work with engineers to design and implement new features and commercial offers in EShop platform.
- active participation in backlog grooming, features definition, sprint planning and implementation (SCRUM framework delivery)
- learning & sharing with your teammates
- prepare and produce releases of software components
What you need to know/have
- You are an experienced application developer passionate about latest technologies but you wish to make higher impact and have a larger personal footprint
- You are able to work comfortably in a fast-changing environment on interesting business and technical challenges in a digital telecom business
- You have a passion for efficiency, performance and continuous improvement and wish to project it on others
- You understand what YAGNI, KISS, SOLID and clean-code is
- You are all about sharing and collaboration with your teammates
- You develop, document and test your code
What’s in it for you
- Performance Bonuses – based on your results & the company’s;
- Loyalty Bonuses, if you extend your stay;
- Electronic Meal Tickets – as you imagine;
- Medical & Life insurance for you – facilities for your family, too;
- #WFH & Flexible hour;
- Professional GSM subscription;
- Personal GSM subscription, also [because we believe in communication!];
- Special grants on Smartphones & devices; discounts for Orange products & services;
- Development Platforms – Orange Learning, Trainings, Career Counselling, Coaching & Career plan mentoring;
- Wellbeing Programs – we support your Zen & more!
Come & work for a #TopEmployer company. You could be part of an organization
where great colleagues and team spirit support your professional development.
Apply and let’s have a remote-talk.
At Orange, you can.