Job Description Summary
The role involves identifying, evaluating, and providing solutions or options to complex problems experienced with products in the Smallworld product portfolio or their deployments; providing technical advice and assistance to wider teams; creating and documenting technical notes; looking for ways to improve current processes and tools; having in depth technical expertise in Smallworld products and wide range of general IT skills.
The role requires experience in GIS or at minimum a general understanding of GIS.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Investigate complex problems and assist in resolving them independently or in collaboration with product engineering, product owners, customer support and services teams.
- Provide backup to product engineering for platform investigations, proof of concepts, product testing and release testing and preparation.
- Create and maintain support tools for wider teams and customers.
- Work with Customer support and Service teams to resolve customer escalations.
- Provide SME advice to wider teams.
- Provide technical mentoring for junior employees within the function.
Be available to respond to service availability issues and resolve them.
- Assist information security teams via monitoring solutions to ensure the production infrastructure remains secure.
For roles outside USA:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with advanced experience.
For roles in USA: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with minimum years of experience 6 years
Desired Characteristics Technical Expertise:
- Strong skills across the Smallworld Product Portfolio (e.g., experience in Magik, product setup and configuration, product upgrades)
- In depth knowledge of database administration (Smallworld, Oracle, Postgres, etc.)
- Customer domain knowledge or general understanding of our customers use of GIS in their various industries ( eg. Electricity, Telecommunications, Gas , etc)
- Experience working directly with Cloud providers/infrastructure (AWS, Azure etc.), Containerization (Kubernetes, Docker), database technologies, operating systems (Windows, Linux).
- Security and authentication knowledge (LDAP, SAML, UAA, Domain Controllers, etc.)
- Experience with 3rd party applications and tools used to support the Smallworld product (e.g., Java, FME, Postman, Jira)
- Experience with the Mobile Enterprise and Mobile Enterprise SDK
- Basic software development exposure – hands on with any programming or scripting language (preferably Shell/Perl/Python/Java)
Awareness of Agile Methodology
Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
Ability to interact at all levels of the organization and with other GE businesses
Articulates the story, uses two-way communication and influences outcomes and ongoing results
Ability to work with cross-functional teams to help build effective processes
Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
Willing to quickly self-learn new technologies/products as needed
Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analytical skills and best practices
Strong oral and written communication skills including executive level presentation skills
Apply here: RomaniaTalentAcquisition@ge.com