Job Description Summary
The Manufacturing Pre-sales Solution Architect is a customer facing role who is responsible for diagnosing customer business problems, designing a solution roadmap and architecture to meet business outcomes, and defining a compelling business case based on GE Digital Manufacturing Portfolio. The Pre-Sales Solution Architect will be the customer’s trusted advisor and is responsible for the activities and processes that help the sales organization achieve business objectives.
Successful applicants will need to demonstrate high motivation, deep knowledge of the solutions, consultative outcome selling approach and be capable of leading and designing a complete digitalization roadmap and solution architecture based on the full offering of GE Digital Manufacturing Software & Services.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Build a strong and long-term relationship with existing and new customers to become “The Trusted Technical Advisor” across all levels within the organization.
- Deep expertise in Manufacturing Execution System (MES), Automation and Analytics solutions.
- Strong knowledge of IT/OT infrastructure, Cloud Architecture, Industry 4.0 trends and best practices.
- Lead and facilitate discovery workshops to understand potential client’s vision, strategy, challenges and build a digital roadmap with recommended solutions that will deliver impactful business outcomes for customers.
- Articulate critical success factors necessary for the customer to implement the roadmap & minimize risk (guide on governance model and change management).
- Create reference architectures (on-premises, cloud, hybrid) and build business cases that shows customers how the proposed solution will create value to their business.
- Formulate quality winning proposals that highlight the value and differentiation the GE Digital solution brings to the customer.
- Present roadmap, recommendations, solution to different stakeholders and achieve buy-in from senior executives.
- Build custom demos and stories that shows how the solution will help create business outcome.
- Partner with the sales team at an early stage, support with qualification and actively participate in the account planning and strategy.
- Work collaboratively with sales, partners, product development, marketing, and services teams.
- Engage with partners, conduct partner training and awareness sessions.
- Conduct awareness sessions within existing major accounts to help build a stronger relationship and drive more business.
- Create standard work and build use cases that apply to Process and discrete industries.
- Support marketing team with the development of customer references and success stories
- Interprets internal and external business challenges, understand customer desired outcomes and recommend best practices to improve products, processes, marketing or services.
- Develop commercial expertise across several countries in Europe, product lines, markets, sales processes, or customer groups. Influences policy and ensures delivery across large and/or diverse sales territories.
- Find creative solutions to address complex projects, product lines, markets, sales processes, or customers. Has the ability to evaluate quality of information received and questions conflicting data for analysis. Uses multiple internal and external resources outside of own function to help arrive at a decision.
- Proven experience in Pre-Sales or Professional Services
- Experience in Manufacturing Execution Systems, Production planning & Scheduling, Automation solutions (HMI/Scada), Historian and analytics solutions.
- Knowledge of the value proposition of above solutions in Process and discrete (automotive and others) industries.
- Experience in designing on-premises, cloud and hybrid architectures for the above solutions.
- Proven knowledge of IT/OT infrastructure, Industry 4.0 and cloud technologies.
- This role requires experience in the Sales & Digital Solution Architecture.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree in engineering, IT, or relevant technical subject.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong Business and technical acumen with a customer centric/focus mindset.
- Problem solving, analytical thinking and active listening. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Working and collaborating with cross functional teams: Sales, Product, Marketing, and Services team(s) while driving towards common objectives.
- Highly motivated and willing to travel across EMEA
- Multi-languages preferred (verbal and written English is a minimum requirement)
Apply here: RomaniaTalentAcquisition@ge.com