Job Description Summary
Senior Project Engineer – Asset Management
Ensure compliance with standards, continuous development of people and processes, effective management of budget and resource while insuring the team has the processes and tools they need to deliver on professional services project commitments. Impacts departmental operations and responsible for planning/execution. The role has some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities within an operating discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Some judgment may be required but this is typically with guidance.
In this role, you will work as part of cross-functional project teams to develop and configure solutions based on the Smallworld GIS in order to meet the customer’s expectations.
This is a hybrid role, in Bucharest, in one of the best locations in town: Aviatorilor 8 office building at Piata Victoriei.
- Development and configuration of solutions based on the specifications provided.
- Contribute to the implementation of project stages of Asset Management solutions built on the Smallworld GIS platform, the utilities and telecoms office solutions and mobile enterprise suite.
- Occasionally participate in software test activities within Asset Management projects.
- Own technical deliverables during the entire lifecycle of the projects.
- Effectively leverage product capability, driving standardization, limiting customization, and maximizing reuse of content developed for previous solutions.
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with peers and team members as an inclusive team member, supporting pre-sale strategy, services consulting efforts, and project execution.
- Effectively apply Asset Management SSDM methodology and project standards.
- Maintain & continuously update technical skills and knowledge.
- Work independently as well as part of the team.
- Proficiency in database tools (e.g. Oracle/ Oracle Spatial) and database modelling
- Experience in creating and managing production scale Kubernetes clusters.
- Performing application deployments on Kubernetes cluster
- Securely managing kubernetes Cluster on at least one of the cloud providers (AWS, Azure)
- Experience in UNIX and/or Windows operating systems
- Experience with Utilities and/or Telecoms asset management systems
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software development practices, languages, and tools
- Design and Development experience with Web and GIS Technologies
- Strong induction process (a dedicated 1-month ramp-up period);
- Private Medical Insurance for you (can also be extended for family members);
- Attractive financial compensations for roles involving external travels and on-site missions;
- Fully customized development and training programs all throughout the year;
- Increased number of vacation days, according to your total work-experience;
- Annual, performance-based, salary review;
- Multiple subscriptions, discounts and vouchers available (corporate discount to WorldClass, Therme Bucuresti, Gift vouchers for Christmas and Easter holiday, Daily meal vouchers 30lei/worked day)