Who we are looking for
Would you enjoy working with global clients of Deloitte Tax and helping them transform their Global Trade program? Consider joining Global Trade Advisory in Deloitte Romania, our most recent office set-up in Europe, with the view to work together with the Deloitte Hyderabad office.
Deloitte Tax’s Global Trade Advisory (GTA) practice, a national practice within Deloitte Tax’s International Tax business, advises U.S. and foreign multinational companies on international trade regulatory requirements including import and export strategies, compliance, and technology solutions to manage cross-border operations globally. We work with clients to develop and enhance their global trade strategy so that people, process, and technology not only enable the efficient movement of goods, but effectively support their overall business strategy. The practice also works with clients to assess and potentially automate their international trade management procedures within all major trading regions.
We offer a broad range of fully integrated services and add greater impact to clients by combining technology and technical resources to uncover insights and smarter solutions for navigating an increasingly complex global regulatory environment.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree in the field of Chemistry, preferred
- Demonstrated ability (through work experience or academic education) to utilize chemical knowledge across multiple projects
- Demonstrated strong interest in global trade regulations (customs and/or export controls) and import/export operations management
- Propensity for learning new technology, systems and solutions
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
Your future role
Our team specializes in effective technology-enabled methodologies and providing leading practices for global trade programs that address both international and local requirements, as well as embed international trade controls into day-to-day business operations
To list some of key responsibilities:
- Support for import and export classification determinations, including non-US classification and local country classification validation
- Specialization in import and export classification of products in the chemical, pharmaceutical, cosmetic and related industries
- Free Trade Agreement solicitation and origination services, including eligibility analysis, documentation review and preparation
- Export and import license determination, reporting, and application support
- Screening services for restricted party and non-proliferation screening
- System hold analysis and release in Global Trade management solutions, and working with client systems, such as SAP GTS, Oracle GTM, etc.
- Other operational and strategic Global Trade activities
About the team
The GTA practice is composed of attorneys, operations experts, Global Trade Management technology specialists, customs brokers, auditors, and trade management professionals who help importers and exporters achieve worldwide compliance and realize efficiencies and advantages in their global supply chain. You will be based in Bucharest and be a part of the Global Delivery Center (GDC) team serving our clients with international operations helping manage and support their global trade compliance requirements.
If you are interested in this role you can apply through our career page via this link: