Principal Software Engineer
The DevSecOps team delivers next-generation software delivery pipelines, enhancements, and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications, and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a Principal Software Engineer on our DevSecOps team in Bucharest, Romania to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Principal Software Engineer on our DevSecOps team, you will be responsible for developing and integrating with sophisticated systems with a focus on building and integrating security-based tools.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of high-quality, complex systems using various languages such as Java, Angular & Python, while adhering to best practices and coding standards
- Collaborate with engineering teams, security champion, and engineering managers to gather requirements and translate them into functional specifications
- Perform code reviews and offer constructive feedback to maintain code quality and enforce coding standards
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues
- Participate in architecture discussions and contribute to the design and implementation of software systems
- Mentor and guide junior developers, fostering a culture of knowledge sharing and continuous learning
- Stay updated on the latest advancements in cloud, software development architecture, and industry trends
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programing principles, design patterns, and software architecture
- Strong programming skills in Java
- Familiarity with modern development methodologies, including Agile and Scrum
- Java microservices development with Quarkus and GraalVM
- Knowledge of event driven service architectures including the use message bus applications like Kafka, NATS, or pulsar
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- Experience with cloud native platforms like Kubernetes, OpenShift, or Tanzu
- .net Framework thick client development
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life – while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.