Senior Software Engineer, Embedded Solutions
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Senior Software Engineer on our Embedded Solutions Team in Bucharest, Romania.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing sophisticated systems and software basis the customer’s business goals, needs and general business environment creating software solutions.
- Implement solutions using C/C++ programming/assembly and conduct design/code reviews.
- Work on all aspects of software development life cycle (using specifications to assist in design documentation, code development, debugging, validation)
- Work with system and software architects on feature definitions, requirements, and behavior specifications.
- Work with both internal groups and external vendors/partners/ODMs, define interface/protocol specifications.
- Debug complex system software issues using analyzers and other hardware debug tools
- Communicate and coordinate activities across local/remote, internal/external sites.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- BSEE, BSCE, BSCS or related degree plus good current embedded software development experience
- Strong programming skills in C/C++
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and debugging skills
- Understanding of OS Services (Linux or RealTimeOS)
- Be able to work in a team-oriented environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Git
- Basic understanding of x86 based personal computer architecture and operating systems
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies, as well as with using the Atlassian suite of tools (BitBucket, Bamboo, Jira, and Confluence)
- Experience in firmware or BIOS/UEFI development
- Scripting (Python) and assembly experience,
- Familiarity with standard hardware protocols
- Familiarity with CI/CD best practices, Jenkins and Maven
Who we are
We believe that each of us has the power to make an impact. That’s why we put our team members at the center of everything we do. If you’re looking for an opportunity to grow your career with some of the best minds and most advanced tech in the industry, we’re looking for you.
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps individuals and organizations transform how they work, live and play. Join us to build a future that works for everyone because Progress Takes All of Us.
Dell Technologies is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.