About the position
The position is located at our office in Bucharest and is a part of Systematic Defence Business Unit. You will join a team of 15 skilled colleagues located in Romania, UK and Denmark, working for the IRIS products.
The IRIS suite consists of products that help interoperability around the world. Interoperability basically means two nationalities or systems can communicate with each other. To put it shortly there is no defense missions in the western world where our products aren’t used.
Responsibilities and tasks
Your main responsibility will be developing features, writing feature documentation and also having the chance to learn to be a feature lead.
Your daily tasks will involve:
- Design solutions for new features with easy to low complexity
- Maintain legacy code
- Code new features together with more experienced co-workers
What should you bring in
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical university
- You have at least 2 years of experience in a similar position
- You are a strong programmer that understands the mindset of software development
- You have experience working with OOP languages.
- As a person, you are proactive and pragmatic and you have an independent working style
- You know how to take responsibility of your tasks and you are a strong team player, which understands the need for knowledge sharing
- You are fluent in English and thrive in an international working environment.
It would be a plus
- Working experience with different technologies
- Experience with estimating your work
- Knowledge about automatic testing
In the IRIS suite the technology stack is wide and working on IRIS means you will more than likely encounter a technology that you are not familiar with but will learn through practical use. That is why, it is not important for us that you know all of them, but at least one OOP language from the ones above.
What we offer
- An open-minded working environment, where we have focus on our employees and their wellbeing. Systematic is a rapidly growing company, which means that we are developing and changing.
- We challenge each other, our work processes, and our technologies to ensure that we retain our position at the forefront of development. Your professional and personal development is our top priority, so you will be able to take courses and improve even further.
- In the long term, you will also have an opportunity to take your career to the next level. You can look forward to exciting day-to-day work in which close teamwork with customers and colleagues is essential for making a difference and delivering world-class software.
- Up to 23 vacation days, 21 days standard to which 2 more days can be added if you have more than 10 years of work experience.
- 24h extra per year for personal time off for all employees.
- Access to wellness and well-being services through dedicated platforms
- A flexible benefit program – you can mix your benefits choosing from different kind of Services on a very dynamic platform – Benefit Online, such as:
- Lunch, juice and fresh fruits in our canteen
- Private medical subscription – you can choose from 3 providers
- Private pension
- Meal or vacation vouchers
- Gym subscription.
- Hybrid setup: office and remote work.
- Travel might be expected to our Headquarters in Aarhus, Denmark
- We will be assessing applications on an ongoing basis as we wish to fill the position as soon as possible.